Friday, January 22, 2010

Snickerdoodles



Posting this here so I don't lose it, it's a US recipe that I have adapted to Australian ingredients.

Ingredients

* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup oil
* 3/4 cups white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 of almond essence (optional)
* 1 1/2 cups s.r. flour
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Cream together butter, oil, 3/4 cups sugar, the egg and the vanilla and the almond essence. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape the dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
4. Bake 8 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Don't let them go brown. I store them in the freezer.

5 comments:

Trekcapri said...

Hi Leslie, these snickerdoodles looks really delicious! Now I'm craving for them.

Thanks so much for sharing your adapted recipe with us. I love your photo and design too.

Have a great day today!

Anne said...

Moira and I love making snickerdoodles...ok we love saying the word snickerdoodles too!! She's having a friend sleepover tomorrow, maybe we'll make a batch, thanks for the inspiration :)

girasoli said...

I always wondered how snickerdoodles were made. They look yummy!

Lilly said...

Oh yum they look delicious Leslie. I have never seen these before. I will have a go at these over the weekend.

blog reader said...

Yum yum