Tuesday, January 1, 2008

How do I teach

Let me count the ways...

OK, for those of you who are interested in the way I am teaching now, I am mostly using websites. I create them in order to learn, then teach what I now know. I also create them to teach a subject or topic.

Firstly there is Pyewacket's Party. This is a "daily doings" type site, like that run off/memo that circulates in the workplace giving news or instructions for the day. It has a "daily" widget so that the students are welcomes each morning with Happy Wednesday - or whatever day it is.

When they come into class, a monitor in charge of this website opens the Smartboard and gathers the other students in to listen while the post for that particular day is read aloud. I put in a variety of items, to stimulate interest in computing, Maths tasks, writing tasks - all sorts of things.

Another site I have worked on today is My Science Program. Instead of writing laboriously onto a whiteboard, the students can view the work on the class Smartboard or even do prep at home.

Want to hear more? Leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Poppy Q said...

Hi Leslie,
thanks for peaking at my book blog. It is nice to have space away from the cat blog. Although lots of fun, I needed a wee spot for me!!

Happy New Year to you all. Sydneys fireworks looked fabulous.

Julie Q (Poppy Qs mum)