Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tourists - aren't you one yourself?

I've said it before and I'll just say it again.
As Alessandra Federici so eloquently says, and I completely agree with her, there's no point in going somewhere, as a tourist, and then complaining because others had the same idea!

Go left two streets - go on a day trip during the busy hours of the day - go into that lesser known church, art gallery, museum.

Go to the slightly lesser known town nearby and miss the tour groups all together, during the busy hours of the day.

Sit inside that famous cafe and watch the crowds go by in comfort.

Leslie%20and%20friend%20people%20watching%20from%20inside%20Quadri.jpg

Get up early and have the main piazza all to yourself for two or more hours.

If I can do it - you can.

me%20in%20san%20marco%20small.jpg

No comments: