Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's National Harry Potter Day

The day is about to dawn, and I want to be prepared.

I'll close the curtains, brew a pot of tea, get all the 'phones in the house - and hide them all in a drawer. I'm going to put out a double ration of cat cereal, pull the plug on the laptop, and not answer the door, unless it's someone really important, like my friend Sylvia.

I've reread all the other six books just recently. My goodness, they are just as thrilling as the first time I read them, er - several times ago.

No, I won't peek and read the last chapter first. I haven't looked up spoilers on the Internet. I have a padded envelope all ready to send my copy - yes, we have had to prepay for TWO copies - up to my mother up north, by the first post on Monday.

Two copies is because we may share a lot of things, like the last can of coke (but not the last can of Dr Pepper), a chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme donut and the new Siamese kitten. But it's asking a bit much, to expect anyone to share the most talked about book of the year.

So, I know where I'll be tomorrow morning and what I'll be doing. H’mm, probably the same as a lot of other people around the world. Lucky us! Harry Potter is coming to town.

And in case anyone was wondering, yes, even the cats know how important this event is!


harry%20potter%20day.jpg

No comments: